JOB: Quality Technician
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Tests, calibrates, and monitors measuring, recording, and indicating instruments as well as conformance to establish standards, and assist in formulating calibration standards with assisting in formulating calibration standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports production to identify molding defects and providing visual aids as well as inspection process.
- Interprets engineering drawings (2D prints).
- Tests products for variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical characteristics. Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Assists Molding Technicians with immediate manufacturing process decisions involve with customer parts.
- Audits production to ensure counts, box labels and placement of parts according to established manufacturing work instructions for job running in mold machine.
- Responsible for first article inspections for conformity to prints with customer specifications. This may include measuring a full dimensional layout per print.
- Performs gage repeatability and reproducibility studies. Performs and documents capability studies for submission on components and processes.
- Set up and design standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, valuate and calibrate other test equipment and manufactured parts.
- Responsible for prepping shipping document per customer’s quality requirements. This may include dock audits.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform, additional functions may be required.