Job Title: HR Generalist
The HR Generalist plays a key role as the main resource for employee relations, payroll, benefits, and HR business processes. This position will be responsible for effective and consistent implementation of the HR function and be a leader in driving the organizational culture.
- Payroll: Ensure accurate recording of employee time and attendance, investigate discrepancies, and process payroll for all employees.
- Benefits: Administer the employee benefits program including healthcare, 401(k), workers compensation, FMLA, unemployment, and fringe benefits programs.
- Employee Relations: Respond to employee questions and concerns on various HR-related topics and resolve issues in a professional manner consistent with company HR Policies and legal requirements.
- HR Business Processes: Assist in the development, writing, and implementation of HR policies and business processes across the employee journey from hire-to-retire.
- Culture: Promote an outstanding culture and work environment through role-model behaviors, company cultural events, and a people-focused approach.
- Recruiting: Coordinate with hiring managers to understand hiring needs and develop staffing plans. Run the recruiting process for salaried employees.
- Performance Management: Support the development of performance evaluation frameworks and compensation strategy. Provide coaching to supervisors on performance review best practices.
- Background: 4 years of HR experience; experience in a manufacturing setting is considered a plus
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing across various levels of an organization. Ability to handle difficult conversations in a professional, empathetic, and effective manner
- Desired Software Skills:
- Familiar with processing and reporting from an HRIS system such as Paycor
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
DESIRED CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
- People-Oriented and Collaborative: Ability to relate-to and collaborate with managers and employees to resolve issues and deliver on business needs
- Focused on Culture: We aspire to be the Best Place to Work in Indiana and need an energizing leader to drive and nurture our organizational culture
- Resourcefulness: Ability to independently grasp, dissect, and drive problems to a solution when faced with incomplete information
- Desire for Continuous Improvement: Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to drive continuous improvements in a dynamic work environment
- Attention to Detail: Ability to deliver with a high degree of accuracy, coordination, and completeness
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform, additional functions may be required. The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.