Job Title: Injection Mold Maker
Sets up and operates the necessary machinery to build and repair injections molds as well as related tooling and fixtures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates machine tools such a lathe, milling machine, EDM machines and grinders. Will use a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to make component parts or complete tools. The design may be provided from a print or may require development by the tool maker from various resources.
- Creates and repair parts for complex automation.
- Design of machines parts and tooling, fabrication and assembly, process routing, material selection, repairs and preventative maintenance are required skills. Plans construction procedures and methods, selection proper materials.
- Blueprints interpretation, blueprint drawing and working knowledge of CAD and CAM are essential skills.
- Disassembles and assembles molds, analyze and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc. Performs mold repair on cavities and cores due to damage or wear, including cavity welding. Computes dimensions: determines machining and material/ parts required.
- Assembles, repairs, inspects, cleans and polishes mold using skill and care while handling and polishing critical surfaces.
- Lays out, fabricates and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications.
- Solve problems relating to unusual material, work-holding arrangements, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Work cooperatively with others. Provides a ” Customer Service” attitude when interacting with internal and external customers while accomplishing work, production and achieving quality standards.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practices good housekeeping has an awareness of safety as well as maintains a safe work environment. Uses safety guards and devices (includes PPE) and takes no shortcuts that defeat these safeguards.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane, algebra, solid geometry and trigonometry.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
Under immediate supervision, performs general assignments of work, with periodic check of performance by supervisor.
Limited responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work operations.
Performs work operations which permit frequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and which would not only affect the operating efficiency of the individual involved, but would also affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a slight degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials, equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Repetitive. Activities or duties using a predetermined set of processes or directions coupled with nearby supervision. Learned things in situations where choice is simple or patterned.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of highly complex machines and equipment; specialized or advanced software programs.
Probable errors of internal scope should ordinarily be detected within the department or office in which they occur but may affect the work of others within the unit, requiring additional expenditure of time to trace errors and make all necessary corrections. Errors would require a moderate amount of time to correct.
Contacts occasionally with others beyond immediate associates, but generally of a routine nature. May obtain, present or discuss data, but only as pertains to an immediate and specific assignment. No responsibility for obtaining cooperation or approval of action or decision.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Journeyman or equivalent experience and schooling
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Intermediate: Word Processing/Typing
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE SKILLS
CAD and CAM are essential skills
Preferred Education and/ or Experience: Journeyman or equivalent experience and schooling
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; regularly required to walk, talk or hear; frequently required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts;.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform, additional functions may be required. The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.