Job Title: Injection Mold Maker
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The role of Injection Mold Maker performs a variety of specialized functions such as setting up and operates the necessary machinery to build and repair injections molds as well as related tooling and fixtures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates machine tools such a lathe, milling machine, EDM machines and grinders. Will use a variety of machinist’s hand tools and precision measuring instruments to make component parts or complete tools. The design may be provided from a print or may require development by the tool maker from various resources.
- Design of machines parts and tooling, fabrication and assembly, process routing, material selection, repairs and preventative maintenance are required skills. Plans construction procedures and methods, selection proper materials.
- Blueprints interpretation, blueprint drawing and working knowledge of CAD and CAM are essential skills.
- Disassembles and assembles molds, analyze, and solve basic mold problems including flashing conditions, galling, venting, cooling problems, etc. Performs mold repair on cavities and cores due to damage or wear, including cavity welding. Computes dimensions: determines machining and material/ parts required.
- Lays out, fabricates, and assembles metalworking dies, molds, and machine tool fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Journeyman or equivalent experience and schooling, Word Processing/Typing, CAD and CAM are essential skills.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus Plan
- Flexible Schedules, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Annual Floating Holidays
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Retirement Plan
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform additional functions may be required. The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.