Job Title: Press Operator (Machine Operator)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Press Operator monitors and checks that parts manufactured in plastic molding machines meet customer quality requirements. The Press Operator follows work instructions to ensure that production standards are met and communicates any variances to their supervisor. No prior experience with plastic manufacturing is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tend to various molding machine(s) as assigned to monitor the performance of the machine and to handle and inspect parts produced from the machine.
- Understand and follow specific verbal or written instructions and quality standards to ensure successful production of plastic parts. Document and communicate any anomalies.
- Inspect parts made at the press for any defects and only pass those parts that meet the quality standards.
- May be required to utilize small handle tools and other specialized equipment to perform secondary processing of parts made from the machines.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe working environment of production area. Uses safety guards (Personal Protective Equipment) to remain safe while working.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
General educational background with high school equivalent plus 0-6 months of vocational training or work experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus Plan
- Flexible Schedules, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Annual Floating Holidays
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Training and Career Development Programs
- Educational Reimbursement
ABOUT METRO PLASTICS TECHNOLOGIES
Metro Plastics Technologies is an industry leader in custom plastic injection molding. With over 45 years in business, Metro Plastics has extensive plastic production capabilities, engineering expertise, and a dedicated on-site tool room and metrology lab supporting operations in a newly built state-of-the-art facility in Noblesville, IN.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to be performed. Additional functions may be required.
The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
All employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Drug Testing/ Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Pay: $15.00 – $16.50/hr