Job Title: Material Handler / Warehouse
Material Handlers move, track, and store different materials, packaging, and equipment needed to support production of plastic parts. Material Handlers manage the organized flow of raw materials and finished goods between warehouse and production area. No prior experience with plastic manufacturing is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for handling, drying, weighing, and loading of plastic raw materials according to documented procedures to support continuous production of plastic goods.
- Accurately use barcode scanners and computer to locate, track, and move material and packaging between warehouse and production area. Plan material movement according to production schedule and demand.
- Setup and monitor auxiliary equipment such as dryers, loaders, and conveyors used to support plastic production. Notifies Maintenance Dept. when repairs or preventative maintenance are needed.
- Perform material tests, such as moisture content tests, to ensure quality of raw materials used in production
- Maintain safety and housekeeping of production and staging areas including cleaning of hoppers, dryers, and debris. Uses safety guards (Personal Protective Equipment) and forklifts properly to remain safe while working
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
General educational background with high school equivalent plus 0-6 months of vocational training or work experience. Experience with shop skills is a plus.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus Plan
- Flexible Schedules, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Annual Floating Holidays
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Training and Career Development Programs
- Educational Reimbursement
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform additional functions may be required. The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time.
All Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Drug Testing/ Background Check
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Pay: $17 – 18/hr