Set-up and removal of molds from injection molding presses. Responsibilities include proper equipment set-up in accordance with production schedule and written procedures. Establishes and optimizes molding setup and operation to yield consistent qualified injection molding production to standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes work for smooth operations of set-up and remove molds from injection molding machines.
- Responsible for ergonomic set up and use of all secondary equipment, such as sonic welders, conveyor belts, thremolators, drill presses, gate cutters and various other tools and equipment pertinent to job.
- Demonstrates ability to start up and optimize process of injection molding machine. Performs preliminary troubleshooting of processes as directed by shift supervisor or mold technician.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems, plans for, and takes corrective action.
- Works with Process Engineer, Mold Technicians and Shift Supervisor to correct difficult processing problems and pursues continuous improvement of mold and processing systems.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all equipment. Advises of need for repairs to tooling and equipment. Creates work order through IQMS to report problems to proper personnel.
- Maintain mold storage areas and mold identification.
- Able to safely operate overhead cranes and report any maintenance or safety issues to proper personnel. Performs operations in a safe manner to guard against accidents. Practices Lock out / tag out procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance checks on lift trucks and notifies proper personnel when repairs and maintenance are necessary.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Equivalent to four years high school, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 6 to 12 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Competitive Pay
- Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus Plan
- Flexible Schedules, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Annual Floating Holidays
- Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Retirement Plan
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that may be required to perform additional functions may be required. The organization reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. All Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.